Gadgets Now DeskJun 28, 2022, 08:30 IST
Common TWS earbud problems and tips to fix them
Smartphone can’t find TWS earbuds
If you’re trying to pair your TWS earbuds with a smartphone or other device and it now shows up in the Bluetooth device list, here are a few things you can try.
- Make sure the TWS earbuds are charged, turned on and in pairing mode
- Check if the earbuds are compatible with your device
- Make sure the smartphone and earbuds are within range
- Disconnect the earbuds from other devices
- Turn the TWS earbuds on and off, reboot the device once, then try pairing
TWS earbuds keep disconnecting
Frequent disconnection between earbuds and the smartphone can be frustrating and if you are faced with something similar, here are some tips that can help.
- TWS earplugs make it easy to roam while listening to music, but they make it even easier to get out of reach.
- Make sure there is still enough juice in the TWS earbuds
- Update the companion app and also check for any firmware updates for the earbuds
Left or right earbud not working
Sound coming from only one earbud is one of the most common problems with the TWS earbuds. To fix this, here are some tips that may help.
- Make sure the charging case is fully charged
- Make sure both earbuds are charged
- Disconnect and reconnect the earbuds to the smartphone
- Put both sides well in your ear
TWS earbuds don’t charge
TWS earbuds not charging is also a pretty common problem. The most common reason for this could be the dust and contacts on the earbuds. The most common problem with this can be forgetting to turn on the switch. However, there are also other serious reasons:
- Clean the connectors on both the charging case and the TWS earbuds.
- Check the cable, adapter, and outlet for damage and power problems.
Charging case not working properly
If the charging case does not charge properly, make sure the port is clean along with other things like power adapter, etc.
Static or distortion while listening to music
Since Bluetooth is a wireless technology, it is susceptible to interference from other wireless technologies. This sometimes leads to noise or distortion when listening to music.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices in the area.
- Move away from other devices like TV, router, etc.
- Disconnect and reconnect the earbuds
Poor call quality
If you’re dealing with poor call quality, follow these steps:
Make sure nothing blocks the microphones in the TWS earbuds
- Clean the microphone with a soft cloth
- Check the network coverage on your smartphone
- Move closer to the smartphone while answering a call
Bad battery life
TWS earbuds are not known for the best battery life. However, if you’re getting a relatively shorter battery life than claimed, here are a few things to check.
- Try to charge your TWS earbuds correctly with the original cable that comes in the box
- If your TWS earbuds are new, please contact the service center to have it checked.
- If your TWS earbuds are old, there is a chance that the battery is dead. Some manufacturers offer battery replacement for their TWS earbuds, others do not. Contact your service provider.