Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) has unveiled a new Cloud Metro portfolio of software and hardware platforms. The line emphasizes cloud-based artificial intelligence and automation, low power consumption, sustainability and an extension of network lifecycles from 3-5 years to 7-12 years.
Using the Cloud Metro line can reduce total cost of ownership by up to 71%, the company said. Zero Trust security is a built-in feature, as is active service guarantee. Elements of the new line include:
- Juniper Paragon Automation as a Service, an AI-enabled, cloud-delivered metro network automation portfolio that Juniper Networks is expected to make available in the first half of next year.
- Juniper AI-enabled Device Onboarding-as-a-Service, the first Juniper Paragon Automation as a Service use case designed to reduce device onboarding times.
- Juniper Networks ACX7000 Family hardware platforms, a line that Juniper Networks claims includes the industry’s fastest router line card, the highest 400GbE density, and 800G ready fabric capacity per slot (up to 21.6 Tbps with 54x400GbE ports). The family includes the ACX7100-32C, ACX7100-48L and ACX7509, which are available now; the ACX7024, which is available to order now and is expected to be available in the third quarter of this year; and the ACX7908 and ACX7348, which will be available to order in the first half of next year.
- Juniper Networks 400G ZR/ZR+ optics, to order and available in Q3 this year, that meet OpenZR+ and OIF specifications.
- Juniper Paragon Active Assurance test agents, embedded in JUNOS OS Evolved in all ACX7000 models, providing advanced network performance and health information. Capabilities include emulation of 5G UE/gNB that allows service providers to simulate traffic for both the control plane and the user plane, ensuring that every 5G network drive meets expected SLAs.
- Zero Trust Security principles and the fundamentals for detection, analysis and prevention of threats from Juniper’s Connected Security portfolio. They are scheduled to be available in the first half of 2023.
“Our cloud-delivered Paragon Automation-as-a-Service promises immediate productivity gains for service providers. Instead of building complex, time-consuming ‘do-it-yourself’ automation solutions, they can focus on ensuring service experiences for their customers said Brendan Gibbs, senior vice president of automated WAN solutions, Juniper Networks. “And our expanded ACX7000 family delivers the most secure, reliable, scalable and intelligent Cloud Metro portfolio on the market. It answers the needs of service providers for a sustainable future for their profits, their people and the planet.”
“The digital transformation is entering the next phase, which revolves around transforming operational technology (OT) and driving the distributed delivery of new applications and use cases based on emerging technologies such as AI and AR. The metro edge is key to support the massive amount of data, real-time performance and durability this new era of OT transformation will bring,” said Caroline Chappell, director of research, cloud practice, Analysys Mason in a press release from Juniper Networks. metro network engineering and Juniper is demonstrating leadership in its Cloud Metro portfolio here. Service providers who want to deliver reliable, safe and high-quality services on the edge of the metro with a sustainable business model should pay close attention.”
For related articles go to the Network Design Topic Center†
For more information on high-speed transmission systems and suppliers, visit the Lightwave Buyer’s Guide†
To stay informed about the implementation of fiber optic networks, subscribe to Lightwave’s Service Providers and Datacom/Data Center newsletters.